How to Recover Deleted Whatsapp Conversations?
Recover Deleted Whatsapp Conversations: The world advances at the pace of technology today. One of the areas in which we move the most is social networks within the network. Communicating with thousands of people and generating conversations through the network has become our way of life, and that is why, increasingly, we treasure the information we share.
Within the field of instant messaging apps. WhatsApp is one of the most used globally, and it is normal that, for this reason, many people use it to have important conversations. It may be that, in one of these moments, either intentionally or unintentionally. One of those important talks may have been deleted, and you do not know how to recover it.
That is why, in this new OneHOWTO article. We will tell you how to recover deleted WhatsApp conversations, either with or without a backup, with a few simple steps. And they are available to any user.
Also Read: Biometrics, The Future of Security in Digital Banking?
How to Recover Deleted Whatsapp Conversations With Backup?
It is much more common than you think to delete a WhatsApp conversation by mistake and then want to recover them. However, although it seems impossible to achieve. It will be much easier if backup copies are made more regularly than you imagine. Whether on Android or iPhone, the backup copies you make will be registered within the application, so it is advisable to make at least one weekly copy to record all the conversations and data. This way, the process will be much faster and easier to carry out.
As soon as you are aware that you have deleted a conversation and you want to recover it. You have to follow these simple steps to know how to recover a WhatsApp conversation:
- You must enter the settings of your mobile and go to the section where the entire list of applications that you have installed is located.
- Once you locate the WhatsApp application, you must select it and choose the option to uninstall.
- Once uninstalled, you have to go back to the app store. Play Store or App Store and reinstall WhatsApp on your mobile.
- And also, Once installed again, when entering the app. The option to recover the data of the existing account will appear and, by accepting. All the conversations you have had saved in the periodic backups will be restored.
How to Recover Deleted Whatsapp Conversations Without Backup?
The matter is not so easy when backup copies have not make on the mobile consciously. Still, even so, there is an effective solution. Since, automatically, the application makes local copies of the data it has stored. So that we will have to scratch more to recover them, but you can:
- The first thing you should do is go to the file folder inside your mobile, be it iPhone or Android.
- Once inside, you must find the folder with the name “WhatsApp”. Where all the application data that your phone has saved will store.
- Enter and locate the section that says “Databases”.
- Next, you will see a list of all the local copies that WhatsApp has made on your mobile every week, ordered and classified by year, month and day, except for the last backup. Which will not yet have the date.
- You must remember and know, within this entire list. The date of the conversation you want to recover to select one of these folders.
- When you have located it, you should write it down and, on the other hand, look at the name of the last file you have. It may be that “msg store.DB.crypt12” appears. But it will depend on each mobile. Make a note of this name for the next step.
- The basis of this computer trick is practically exchanging the two files. So we will have to add a fictitious date to the name of the last saved file. In this case, “msg store.DB.crypt12” would read “msg store-2020-03-02.1.db.crypt12”.
- After renaming the last saved file, we must select the file that contains the conversation that we want to recover and change the name, in this case, to “msg store.DB.crypt12”. In this way, we will recover the old conversation, and, in addition, we will have a copy of the last file that did not yet have a date.
- Once done, all we have to do is uninstall the application and, when reinstalling it, choose the “Restore” option.
Recovering WhatsApp conversations from months ago can be more laborious, but it is effective for cases where manual backups have not made. It can use for both Android and iPhone systems. However, in this second case, free applications on the Internet facilitate this process if the system has a problem when recovering.
Even so, the most advisable thing from now on, so that a moment like this does not happen again, is to remember or schedule weekly backup copies so that your data is safe, and you can recover it and use it as many times as you need.
Also Read: What are the Fastest and Most Used Browsers?
Review How to Recover Deleted Whatsapp Conversations?.