About HP Processor Support Module – Benefits, Installation Process, And More
Table of Contents
What is HP Processor Module
HP Processor Support Module, often abbreviated as PSM, is a software component that helps the operating system recognize and implement certain features of the processor. It provides the necessary interfaces between the Operating System (OS) and the processor. The PSM is free to download from the HP website and it also includes support for the HP Memory Protection Extensions (MPX) and the HP address translation services (ATS).
Advantages Of HP Processor Support Module (PSM)
PSM is a troubleshooting tool to find and fix bugs and errors with your computer’s processor. And it is free to download from the HP website that is compatible with Windows 10, Windows 8.1, and Windows 7.
PSM helps us in the following ways:
- It Identifies and fixes problems with your computer’s processor
- Very useful in processor installation
- Improves processor driver updates
- Helps in processor updates
- Helps in processor performance
How to install and Configure
- The PSM or Processor Support Module is an optional software product that provides an interface to the processor and memory subsystems on HP Integrity servers.
- To configure the memory on the server, report on the status of the processor and memory, and perform diagnostics on the processor and memory.
- It is installed on the server by using the HP Serviceguard for Linux installer.
- It can also be configured on the server by using the PSM Configuration Utility.
- By using the PSM Control Panel, the PSM is started on the server.
- By using the PSM Control Panel, the PSM has stopped on the server.
- And finally, the PSM can be uninstalled from the server by using the HP Serviceguard for the Linux installer.
The Processor Support Module is an optional software product that provides an interface to the processor and memory subsystems on HP Integrity servers.
How to Troubleshoot it
If your HP Processor Support Module (PSM) is not working, there are a few things you can do to troubleshoot the issue.
- Make sure to properly install PSM.
- The Second step is to check the connectivity of the computer.
- Always turn the PSM on.
- Fifth, make sure that the Processor Support Module (PSM) is the correct version for your computer. If the PSM is not the correct version for your computer, the PSM will not work.
The HP Processor Support Module PSM is a free software application, which is beneficial for the operation of the system. It analyzes and implements the features of the processors.
Also Read – Marketing Metrics To Measure And Improve